Thursday, July 24, 2014

Product Empties! (Products I Have Used Up)


I love the feeling of finishing a beauty product. It is the true feeling of using up my money's worth of "stuff" that actually benefited me and helped me in someway. Product empties are a pretty popular concept on Youtube, and I have recently gathered a few product myself over the past couple of months, I thought that I would share what products I used up and my thoughts on them. This is going to be a similar type of review that I did in my June Favorites posts, and I hope that this could be at least a bit helpful in your decisions in trying out these products! Let's start!

Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 20 

I would say that overall, I enjoyed using this product. It has a thin consistency and it blends and absorbs into the skin nicely. I usually apply this as my morning moisturizer and underneath my makeup. It has SPF which is a plus and it is good for people with oily skin. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product because of its hefty price tag. I also did not see any noticeable change in my skin hyper-pigmentation and spots wise. It didn't really work well in that aspect for me. 

Pros:
Light Weight
No Fragrance
SPF

Cons:
Expensive
Did not really "correct" my spots


L'Oreal RevitaLIFT Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser 
$6.99 | Drugstore.com

I actually used up two of these in the past couple of months. I initially started using this product because I had ran out of face cleanser and I had to borrow this temporary from my Mom when I was home. I ended up really enjoying it so I ended up purchasing it for myself. It's a pretty good cleanser. Even though I have pretty oily skin, this cream cleanser didn't leave my face oily. I also like the fact that it builds a really nice lather and my face feels nice afterwards. I probably will not repurchase this because I want to try something new, but this is definitely not a bad product by any means. I also enjoyed using this product with my Clarisonic Mia 2. 

Pros:
Affordable 
Good Consistency
Cleans Well

Cons:
Thick Lather (maybe a drawback for some)
Has A Scent (I would say it's not too bad but for people with sensitive skin this may not work)


Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
My Shade: 4.0
$39 | Sephora 
I mentioned this product in my June Favorites post and I am completely out, and it makes me kind of sad. It's a really nice foundation, very light-weight and natural, but provides good coverage with its rather liquidy consistency. I wish I can repurchase this in the future, but right now, I have several other foundations that I am using and trying out.

Pros:
Light-Weight
Good Coverage
Easy to Blend
Nice Shade Selection

Cons:
Pricey 
Not a full coverage/long lasting (12+Hr) foundation

Sonia Kashuk Take Cover Concealer Stick
My Shade: Daylight 20
$8.99 | Target
I finished this concealer quite a while ago but I do remember liking it. If you have oily skin like me, this is a thick concealer that is good for blemishes and spots. I personally thing it's a bit heavy underneath the eyes. But overall, I would give this product a thumbs up.

Pros:
Affordable
Creamy
Easy to blend
Good Coverage

Cons:
A bit thick in consistency 

Maybelline Falsie's Mascara Waterproof
$7.00 | Drugstore.com

This is my all time favorite mascara. I have pretty straight Asian lashes, and I don't have a lot of it either. This mascara has the whole package: it lengthens, thickens, and holds the curl. I absolute am in love. This is probably my third tube of this. I try other mascaras, but I always come back to this one.

Pros:
Waterproof
Does everything I need a mascara to do
Thick formula (which I like)

Cons:
The formula is a bit wet in the beginning, but gets a lot better over time

Sephora Blush in Rose Petal
$15 | Sephora

As you can see, I can't use this blush all up because it cracked, but I sure used a lot of it. This is a very easy to use blush. It's pigmented, but it's not overly pigmented so it's easy to blend into the skin. I like the color as it gives just a bit of natural flush to the cheeks. Overall I am pretty happy with this blush. For a blush junkie like me (who own way more blushes than I actually need), finishing a blush is a huge accomplishment. 

Pros:
Pigmented
Easy to use
Good color

Cons:
Expensive (Although it's not too bad)


Elf Studio Blush in Candid Coral
$3.00 | E.L.F.

This blush I would say is on the same wavelength as the previous Sephora blush, as it is easy to use and not overly pigmented. I really enjoy this blush, it has slight golden specks and it gives the cheeks the natural summery glow. I would say this shade would work best for light to medium skin tones.

Pros:
Affordable 
Good color
Easy to use

Cons:
A bit on the chalkier side, but it's definitely not a deal breaker for me

Suave Dry Shampoo
$2.89 | Target

This product is probably the best deal out of all the products that I have mentioned. It is under $3.00!! This dry shampoo smells wonderful (although it's quite a heavy scent), and it does a decent job at giving the roots a bit of volume. However, I wouldn't say that it stays that way for the entire day, as eventually my oily hair still breaks down the product and falls flat. I would give this product an average rating, but I would say it's worth a try for the price tag.

Pros:
Affordable 
Smells nice
Gives volume
Easy to use

Cons:
Doesn't last all day
The scent is quite heavy 

Alright! That is all. Hope this was helpful in anyway and thank you for checking out my blog!!
Let me know what products that you would recommend!

Have a Nice Day!! 

Grace

2 comments:

  1. They look like amazing products. Great post.Thanks for sharing this post here. Would you like
    to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin?
    Please lemme know & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those products !!! ! Especially CLINIC X

    FOLLOW ME ON GFC and/or BLOGLOVIN, I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK !

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM
    | Fashion Blogger |

    ReplyDelete